Friday, January 22, 2010

4 Things I've Repurposed for Scrapbooking.

My friend Lisa is hosting a circle journal that I'm quite excited to be participating in. We were to pick a list-style topic, using any number between 3 and 10. My topic is 4 Things I've Re-Purposed for Scrapbooking.
Below I've posted an instructions page for my fellow participants . I hope it's legible after you click on it. Since I've requested it of everyone else, I've added some re-purposed items on this page. The paper in the top left corner with the pretty design on it is a subscription request postcard for Canadian Scrapbooker; and the sticker in the bottom left corner is a tag from an old gymnastics outfit of my daughter's which I've altered with some ink. I'm also posting my sign in tag, made from a fabric clothing tag (complete with it's safety pin and string) which I applied Maya Mist to. My name is done with an old school labeller (okay, not really a re-purposed item anymore, I know), city, province, country from a card mailed to me, along with the postage (does anyone recognize their handwriting?). To top it off, are some shell beads threaded through the safety pin.



And there you have it, a good, healthy start to my cj. Please be sure to keep an eye out for my layout, which I hope to create and post within the next few days.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Courtney, I love how you re-purposed items for your first page. And your tag is cute! I need to get on the ball here, since you girls are finishing!

Paula Calvanico said...

Courtney, it looks fantastic!! What a great job you did. I'm finding it so much more helpful having these visuals from each of you. Way to go lady ;)

Lisa Adair said...

Courtney what an awesome intro page. Love all the layers of paper you've used and the distressing. Clever idea with the tag... I'm saying the writing belongs to Elaine!??!