Thursday, January 21, 2010

Tranquil Moments in the Snow.

Yesterday morning, the world was a brighter shade of white, thanks to a light dusting of snow the night before. My mom and I took full advantage by going for a drive through the countryside and playing with our cameras. This is a new hobby of mom's, who recently acquired a drool-worthy DSLR camera with an equally enviable mega-zoom lens.
These are not her pictures. They are the ones I took with my handy-dandy, does-the-job point and shoot Olympus. I got her to stop for these trees: I would have preferred this shot without the hydro pole; even Mennonite country is not without modern conveniences:

It's all about depth here:

It's so wonderful to be able to share this passion with my mom, who has also taken an interest in digital scrapbooking. She's quite talented (and equally addicted!) and I'm sure will have a page or two to share with me from this day on our next visit.
Can't wait to see what I can do with these pics, all the others from yesterday and the ones from road trips I see coming in the not-so-distant future!

6 comments:

Elaine. said...

Wow, it's beautiful there. Great pictures. Sounds like fun, to share your love of camera's and scrapping with your mom. Hey, you got a boom box! Yea Courtney.
I love pictures of snow/ice on trees.
Love,
Elaine

Serene said...

I love the first pic of the snow covered trees in that white, pristine setting. Just as peaceful as its gets. Great shots. Serene

Kathi said...

What a beautiful day! Nice photos of the snow. Generally that white, cold stuff is something I really don't like. One days like these, it's easy to see why others love it!

Paula Calvanico said...

look at that snow!!! great shots Court, and how nice to share that with mom.

Susan said...

Love those pictures, just beautiful. What a great hobby to be able to share with you mother.

Lisa Adair said...

Wonderful shots...pole and all. So glad you can share the love of this with your mom... what fun for you two!