Well, the photo just happened to work perfectly with some paper I'd bought for an anniversary layout that never happened. The greys, blacks and reds along with the patterns and distressing was just a beautiful match.
To avoid getting permission from the other girls' parents, I am only going to show elements of the layout, not the layout as a whole. Little tidbits that I love almost as much as the photo itself...the pieces that bring everything together....the sweet with the edgy.
First shot shows two hearts I made with my new Cricut cartridge, Ashlyn's Alphabet, emphasized with 3 embossed brads (the embossing has started to rub off, but the effect is nice...I think I'll try sealing it though to avoid further damage). Below the hearts is the top right corner of the photo, along with a freehand border done with marker and a paper piercer (used to scratch the inner line into the Coredinations cardstock).
Please note, the red above the swirl is actually my table cloth, not part of the layout though oddly, it does look like it belongs!
This is the first layout I've done in the new year, and after a scrappy hiatus over the holidays it felt so good to release some creative energy. Thanks for allowing me to share it with you!
4 comments:
Wow Courtney, I love it. Glad you are back in your room, scrapping! This is so cool, great ideas, great re-purpose idea. I love the colors. Now with all that teasing I want to see the picture! Thanks for showing, it's fabulous.
This looks great! Ashlyn's alpha is one of my favorites!
Great job, Courtney! I'd love to see the whole LO - it's full of texture and beautiful colors.
What cute stuff! Looks like another cart I need to add to my list! Thanks for enabling!
Really cute stuff Court...glad to see you back and creating!
Post a Comment