

Here is my contribution to Kathi's Travelling Musts cj. I did this in a narrative style instead of list style. It's just how this layout worked for me. Just in case my handwriting is too hard to read from the scan, I'm including it here:
Once upon a time...there was a young woman named Courtney who was very particular about having her purse with her when she travelled. Inside, she had her wallet, her cell phone, camera with extra batteries and a charger with both a wall plug and one for the car, just in case she was travelling some far-off land with no electricity. She also preferred to bring her makeup, but some destinations were far too rustic for it to be practical!
So, okay....I also have about 7 items listed (and that's if you're willing to count the batteries and charger as one item...) But in my defense, I was originally thinking of just my wallet, phone, camera and charger as being count-able objects....with makeup being an optional fifth. What can I say.....I don't travel light.....and I have troubles following rules....they're more guidelines anyways....right????
Here is another example of me doing things a little differently. For my sign in tag, I used a luggage punch (courtesy of Carrie from a punchie swap) for my name and hometown but adhered my pic onto this fun chipboard piece. The picture is of my son and I playing in the warm, clear water of Lake Huron. I hope this is alright, Kathi. I had a really hard time thinking inside the suitcase!
And now, I'm off to create a layout for Paula's "3 Favourite Book Characters" cj. This circle journal is such a wonderful challenge, and I thank all you ladies for your thought-provoking topics!
7 comments:
Love it, Courtney! Love the colors, they fit with your narrative. Cute picture, too!
I love it Court! What great colors. That pic of you and Cole is just gorgeous.
Very cute, Courtney. Love that suit case too!
I love your take on this Court. It's way COOL! And your sign in tag... what a great idea. That's the one thing that is so cool about this, to see the different things that everyone comes up with. And let me just say...
drum roll please......
WAY TO BE UP TO DATE WITH THE SCHEDULE COURT!
Can we get a Woot Woot for her! I only say that because I'm not! And I know how difficult it is for us! :)
Yes, indeed! Can you see me clapping? Good for you being up-to-date! And not only on time but with style. Love the los and tag. Great job all around!
How did I miss this post? You've got flair! Love that you included more than 4 things (my list is way longer than four and I do alot of traveling). I'm happy that you ventured outside the suitcase. This is way fun!
I love it Court, and the pic of you and Cole, priceless. I have list longer than Santa's when I travel. Love the layouts, very creative.
Post a Comment