When the idea first came to me, I had something quite different in mind. When I couldn't take the clock completely apart, my plans changed. Then when the Glimmer Mist and paint idea started looking more like a gory blood and guts horror film prop I came up with this. Simply put, it's paper and embellie scraps all layered together to make a pretty collage.
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Compulsive Creations
Every now and again, I get this compulsive need to create something. A while back, it was wreaths, often it's just the next layout or a card that I "have to do." Well, yesterday, I "had to" alter this clock. Here it is, basically finished just without the glass and front fastened on. I was too focused on taking it apart to think to take a before pic.
Originally, I bought the clock to go up in the living room and surround it with pictures. But it never went up and since re-arranging my studio, I've found it quite annoying having to turn around to see what time it is. Laziness can certainly motivate us to do some pretty ambitious things!
When the idea first came to me, I had something quite different in mind. When I couldn't take the clock completely apart, my plans changed. Then when the Glimmer Mist and paint idea started looking more like a gory blood and guts horror film prop I came up with this. Simply put, it's paper and embellie scraps all layered together to make a pretty collage.
When the idea first came to me, I had something quite different in mind. When I couldn't take the clock completely apart, my plans changed. Then when the Glimmer Mist and paint idea started looking more like a gory blood and guts horror film prop I came up with this. Simply put, it's paper and embellie scraps all layered together to make a pretty collage.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It looks great, Courtney! Very cool!
This is cool, Court. Show us more of your scrap space...!
see, this is why I figured out how to do a popup b/c I wrote a comment on here and probably didn't go back and write the words in, darn it all. If more comments are missing, I promise you, I wrote for each one.
Anywho, I love this and saw a clock and thought hum...Courtney...idea...on the to do list.
Post a Comment