Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Story of Stella, Marley and Scarlett



In an incredibly unusual turn of events, I have Paula's cj pages finished ahead of schedule! Wow-wee! I've impressed myself! Everything just came together, my top three characters got chosen, the wording came to me and the rest just pieced together like magic. Gotta love it when that happens!
For Stella's page, I left in some imperfections, like the uneven cut on the journaling paper and the leftover dusties from the silver embossing powder (I think Stella would like the stardust effect it leaves!). If you can find this book, which is a challenge in itself, read it. The illustrations are amazing and the story is an important one for adults and children alike.
The other two characters are likely more recognizable and I think the journaling sufficiently explains my choices.
Now, to figure out my sign in tag for Paula's book. Hmmmm....I'll think about that tomorrow. After all, tomorrow is another day!

7 comments:

Paula Calvanico said...

Oh Courtney I love it. What a beautiful layout you did. I really need to read GWTW. So many have said it's just a great book.

Anonymous said...

WOW very beautiful Courtney I really love these pages!

How did you do the title I can't tell???

courtney said...

"The Story of" is a stamp, which I embossed onto the pre-made chipboard embellie. All the names are white letter stickers. I outlined "& Scarlet" in black pen so it didn't get lost on the page.

Melissa said...

Beautiful pages, Courtney! Love your mix of patterns!

Kathi said...

Love your style, Courtney! I've got to find that Stella book.

Elaine. said...

Interestingly enough, I have a picture of a Canadian Marley winning or dreaming of winning the Gold in the cutest dog in the world. I love this layout and the characters and need to chase down that Stella book and read it. Have not read it. Wonderful layouts and on time!

Serene said...

Another great job, Courtney. I love your paper choices and the pattern in which you arranged them.