Sunday, September 30, 2012

A Freakin' Good Time

 We went to African Lion Safari this past summer with Scott's mom and sister. If you click on the link, you'll hear the song that Scott had altered into the title on the first layout. If you get it stuck in your head like the rest of us did that day, please accept my apologies!



The title was done with my Cricut, welded with Design Studio. That middle strip was one strip of patterned paper, with an additional diamond strip cut out and pop-dotted over top. For the journaling card, I stamped the leaf pattern with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and embossed the patterned band over top. The same leaf pattern covers the bottom half of the background paper.

 
 
There were so many pictures taken from this day and that's why I divided them into pictures of us and pictures of the animals. The animal shots needed a double page layout, seen below. The title was stamped, embossed and cut out with a co-ordinating sticker pop-dotted in the center. I made the journaling card by fussy-cutting the pattern and sticking it on the side of an inked paper strip.
 


Both of these layouts used papers from MME's Indie Chic line, all of the stamps and stickers were from a zoo-themed Bo Bunny line (though I don't have the name of it at the moment).

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I love what you did with the journaling card! Looks like it was a fun day. I didn't listen to the song yet, as baby is sleeping, but I will later. :)

Serene said...

Ok, I just had to listen to the song and can't say you didn't warn me because now I've got that darn tune stuck in my head. LOL

I love the layout of the animals. So many great pictures and I like how you arranged them. That fussy cutting edge looks great on the journaling block.

Lisa Adair said...

Look at all this stamping! I thought it was the pattern on the paper. Great job Court!! And on your journaling card too, it looks really good. I think your font is perfect for this layout.