Friday, April 22, 2011

A New Challenge Begins.

Lately, I've been having some fun (maybe too much fun) shopping for scrappy supplies, both online and in store. After making two daily deal site purchases on the same day, I decided that enough is enough. It's time to use up these supplies, both old and new before accumulating any more.
So now, I've taken on a personal challenge to freeze my scrappy spending and use up my stash. I haven't decided on a timeline yet, but I do have a few simple rules. I can still purchase adhesives and develop photos. All other supplies are off limits. Ok, that's really only one rule; but it's still simple. And simple is good!
So here is my first layout created since on this challenge. The picture is from December and is a favourite of mine that I've been wanting to scrap since I had it developed of Scott, Lilah and Kelsey snuggling together:
This layout uses paper from the Basic Grey Ambrosia kit I bought recently at a store yard sale. I believe the ribbon is also Basic Grey. They're scrap pieces. The rub-on title (that wouldn't rub on, so instead was glued on) is from an old Fancy Pants set.

The flowers were hand-cut, rolled up, glued, Glimmer Misted, squished and then attached with brads (also Basic Grey). The decorative border (Martha Stewart) was punched, and then I adhered the negative edge to the other side. The only paper wasted from this border was the tiny flower details.




The glued-on title that would not rub on.




Finished off with simple journaling.

What is great about this challenge, it's not just about saving money. It's about finding creative ways to make my supplies on-hand work for whatever project I'm doing. And to be perfectly honest, I've got plenty of stuff to keep me going for a looooong time.

Wish me luck!






2 comments:

Melissa said...

Very pretty, Courtney! Love the flowers. Good luck on your spending freeze. :)

Serene said...

Really nice job on those flowers. I also like the colors of the lo. I wish you much good luck on your purchase freeze.