Sunday, April 10, 2011

Having Fun at my Misfortunes.

I had a lot of fun planning and making this layout about my favourite coffee shop's annual springtime promotion. The journaling explains it best:
Every spring, Tim Hortons has Roll Up The Rim To Win and year after year, I collect "Please Play Again" rims while Scott wins coffees, donuts and other goodies...galore! Of course, Scott takes great pleasure in teasing me everytime he gets a winner-and I take equal pleasure in telling him where to go. I wonder if he knows how lucky he is I love him? ;P
My family laughed at me for saving the losing rims. Now I think it makes sense to them.
Of special note: I used some of the Basic Grey Ambrosia paper kit I picked up at the Scrapping Turtle's yard sale, the circle and the masked swirl were cut from my new Cricut cart, Accent Essentials and the ribbon scrunching technique (I actually used two ribbons glued together) I've been just itching to try since I saw it on Two Scrapbook Friends' blog. Also, the Glimmer Mists were a new purchase. One of the daily deal sites had a 4 pack for $10 or so and I just couldn't resist!

I'm just a little excited about all my new loot, can you tell?

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Pretty layout! Love the pleated trim and how you included the rims. :)

Serene said...

I love Tim Horton's. We don't have them here but when we were in Niagara Falls, I enjoyed plenty of their hot chocolate. I love what you did with the ribbon. Nice job on the lo. I hope you get a winner!