Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Serene's cj - The Odd Files


So, after much debate, I finally came up with 4 unusual things about me/that I've done. I really thought this topic would be easier than it was. However, it seems that I'm far more ordinary than I thought. Sigh.......
To recap, my unusual things are:
  • Planning a family trip to Disney World to celebrate 10 years of marriage. This idea had been in the works since our 5th anniversary. Everyone said to go away just the two of us....we said, nuh-uh! We're all going to Disney!
  • I cannot swim. At all. Yet I taught our daughter to swim. In fact, she didn't want her dad's help at all....and he has always looooooved swimming!
  • While I've always liked camping, it's been a stipulation of mine to have a flushing toilet and showers nearby. So it came as a shock to everyone (including myself) that our family "roughing it without hydro or plumbing" trips have been so enjoyable for me.
  • Monster Jam......demolition derbies.......who knew that a girly-girl like me could get so excited over such metal-crunching, engine-revving, testosterone-pumping action?

I came to the conclusion that all of these items were related to parenthood. Wanting a big family getaway, helping my kids push past fears of mine and discovering new interests by exposing them to their interests.....all the oddities in my life right now really stem from my kids!

And finally, my sign in tag for Serene. I used a mini file folder, like the one in my layout, with index prints from our Disney trip tucked inside.


Thanks everyone, for looking; Serene, hope you enjoy my layout for you!

5 comments:

Kathi said...

Courtney - this is so creative! Like the twist on words using the file folders. Terrifically odd stuff you've done there. Can't imagine teaching someone to swim when you cannot yourself! That's talent.

Elaine. said...

This is great, how creative and for an odd girl this is oddly, wonderful and I love the colors and DISNEY rocks.

Paula Calvanico said...

I love it Court! you have such great ideas. I can't swim a lick either, on top of the water that is, but I'm like a fish underneath. how dumb is that? Love your tag, awesome stuff as always.

Serene said...

Oh what great los and tag which is just too clever. Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary is fun stuff. I like your choices and how you put it all together is just wonderful. How nice it will be to have those all in my cj. Great job!!!

Lisa Adair said...

What a cool layout Court! I love the idea you played with here... the odd files.. too too funny! And you used blue for Serene! Plus you are all caught up.. I'm so proud of you and jealous at the same time!