Thursday, March 25, 2010

Oh, How I Love a Deal!


The Scrapping Turtle, my favourite LSS (or at least in the top 2) hosted a yard sale for their customers to sell off some of their old, tired scrappy stock, allowing deal-hungry scrappers like myself to give it new life.
Now a friend of mine kindly reminded me I'm on a self-imposed paper spending freeze.....but each pack of patterned paper (each row represent one pack) only cost me $2! How could I say no? Especially when I consider at least 90% of each pack great stuff that will easily work with my style and only maybe 2% having a total ick factor!
Other items: a loose pack of school themed stamps, a set of arrow stamps, binder rings and a large pack of cardstock (that included a lot of colours I was running out of) all for a grand total of...(drumroll, please!)...$24.50.
Best of all....I've already used product from this stash! Serene's cj layout includes a sheet of patterned paper and two of the arrow stamps.
My daughter came along and picked up a paper pack, some fun embellies and an organizer she's using to store items for her new hobby, making sock animals.
I already can't wait for the next sale, scheduled in the fall......and no worries mom, I'll be sure to let you know about that one!

4 comments:

Elaine. said...

you got my address send your deal on to me...I'll make you something from it, otah

what a great deal, truly, don't you love it when you hit the jackpot for 25 bucks, can't wait to see what you make from all your new goodies

Paula Calvanico said...

Oh how I love the smell of a deal in the morning. Heehee!

Great going, alas, I too am on a spending freeze. Hubs and I went over the budget and he was not to happy. I really need to use my stash, I have a ton of paper. Probably could cover my house in it!

Kathi said...

What a steal! You've got quite a haul there for so little moola. I see lots of projects in your future!

Lisa Adair said...

from one self-impossed spending freeze buddy to another...

HOW COULD YOU NOT BUY THOSE PAPER PACKS?

You did good! And what cool stuff!