Monday, March 8, 2010

My Studio

Okay, a few posts ago, Kathi mentioned she'd like to see my studio and since it's recently been re-arranged it seemed like the perfect time to do so!
Here is what I see when I enter my studio, which as you may have guessed is located in the attic. This used to be the kids' play area, but they decided they were scared of the attic so I took it over. This is the second floor plan that's been put in place, as my darling daughter was taking over my table, causing all sorts of fights. Her argument: she needed more space and lighting to make her desk more user-friendly. I've left out her area on purpose...even though seeing her desk would make mine look sooooo much neater!
On the left is a short shelving unit that was many moons ago a dresser (I think) but I've used off an on throughout the years as shelves. On it, I store my embossing powers, my Purple Cow, ribbon and embellies, my sewing basket, stamps, inks, Mr. Big Bite and other assorted tools I like to keep close.
In the far left corner of the room is a desk that I currently have no official use for yet, and beside that is a basket with my collection of stuffies. If you look behind the chair, you'll notice that Eeyore has escaped.
Below is the left side of my table. It's full of bins full of stuff. There's a bin for unused pictures that haven't been labelled and placed in an album, a bin for odds and ends that's in desperate need of reorganizing, a bin for embellies that are still in their packaging, a bin for journaling tags and one for small stuff I've acquired in swaps but don't fit a specific theme category.



On the right hand side of my table is this nifty paint can organizer I picked up at my LSS's garage sale. I use it to keep my adhesives and other little often used tools close and handy. Often beside it is my photo box, though it's official home is on the top shelf of the right-hand side leg/shelf with my bin of pens and extra adhesives/refills. Oh, and the candy dish.....cannot forget the candy dish....that I forgot to fully get into the shot.


Looking back from my table and towards the sitting area of the attic are these built-in shelves for some of the bigger stuff. On the top shelf is a picture of our dog Tabitha playing in the water months before we lost her (there's also a layout of her on the wall by the window) and another of my sister, both done by my mom. Below that is a file folder organizer for my stickers, rubons and chipboard, sorted by theme and my collection of Cricut cartridges. On the bottom shelf is my hanging file paper organizer, my Xyron 510 and my Cricut.
This corner is my little inspiration station...magazines, cards from my scrappy friends and projects done by my daughter.


One picture that's missing is the Ikea bins in front of Kelsey's desk. I forget the system name....think it might be Antonius???? The top bin is for scraps. She loves that there's no top on the rack, as all she has to do is push her scraps off her desk and into the bin. Under that is a bin for her projects, one for my projects and a fourth yet to be designated.
And that's about it! While not as pretty, tidy or whimsically decorated as ones featured in the magazines and other blogs, this space makes me happy. Everything is where it makes sense to me, organized and placed to make tidy up as easy as possible....and I don't think it gets any better than that!
Thanks for coming along on the tour!






7 comments:

Melissa said...

Loved seeing your space.. thanks for the tour!

Paula Calvanico said...

Uhhhm turning green with envy here! Love your space!

Kathi said...

Wonderful space. I love attic rooms, though I've never even been inside one. Just a bit of wistful wishing. You must be so inspired here!

Susan said...

ITA with Kathi. Never been in one, but love them all the same! Thanks for sharing, I love to see where the magic happens for other people!

Elaine. said...

I LOVE IT!
I love attics. I don't have one.
TFS.

Serene said...

I'm so jealous! You have such a great space. Thank you for showing us your creative haven, even if I am envious now. LOL

Lisa Adair said...

I've seen your space pics before.. but still love looking. Love what you've done with the attic!