I love fall. It's generally cool, dry and bursting with beautiful colours. Seeing our street, our neighbourhood in fall is quite stunning. That is why I love this photo so much. That is why I made this layout.
This layout was a fun, technique-heavy project. To start, I used a couple of maple leaf die cuts as masks and sprayed yellow, green and red mists (a mix of Glimmer Mists and Mr. Huey's if I remember correctly) in the top right corner of my base cardstock. Next, I outlined the negative space in pen and cut out the inside. On a scrap piece of cardstock, I blended the Distress Inks Orange Marmalade, Aged Photo and Barn Door, spritzed with water and splattered a few drops of Aged Photo reinker (which I'm not totally happy with, but whatever....). Once dry, I pop-dotted it to the back of my base cardstock to create this effect:
I used the pieces I cut out as well; inking them the same as the inside of my leaves in the upper right, but crumpling them after spritzing with water. The result was very realistic-looking fall leaves. This time I avoided the blackspot effect.
The title was cut from my Cricut, inked, misted and then roughly outlined in pen.
After all that work, the only thing left was the journaling. The layout sat for a week or more while I tried to figure out the wording. It was all too.....wordy. For some reason, it was of great importance to me to mention our street name, to mention that I'm facing downtown but it just wouldn't flow nicely. Finally, it came to me:
Yep, all that thinking, scribbling ideas, scratching them out, scribbling more, thinking more, shaking my head and leaving it til later just to end up perfectly happy writing it all out in point form.
5 comments:
Court - this is stunning! I love the cutouts, and your misting abilities, and your fake leaves. And, yes, your journalling!
Totally cool what you did by cutting out the leaves and pop dotting the backing. Excellent idea!!!
WOW! I totally love this!!! The cutouts and misting, ink on the edges of the journalling block, and those amazing see-through leaves. Amazing job... great techniques!!!
I really love the cut outs. Beautifully done!
I love it Court! The cut out is great :) fall is my favorite time of year
Post a Comment