Friday, February 1, 2013

Funny Guy....And His Forgetful Mom.....

Hey, long time no blog!
Where do I begin with this layout? I guess I start at the beginning and hope I don't bore everyone to tears in the process.....
So, one morning (I believe it was last summer), Cole was reading Sondra's collection of daily funnies over my shoulder. When we finished, he was disappointed there weren't more, so I handed him the funnies from the paper. Then I, being the good scrapbookin' mama that I am,  shamelessly took advantage of the perfect photo op. And he, being the good son of a scrapbookin' mama that he is,  didn't disappoint! 
  

At some point between then and now, I picked up the vintage-styled newspaper print patterned paper you see at the bottom of the layout. I did not take the time to read the text, it all looked to be advertisements and I assumed it would be all appropriate, family-friendly stuff. It was not until I had cut it out and placed it on the layout that I noticed a couple of the articles. I think the paper may have been copied from an actual old newspaper....and that nobody at the now unknown scrapbook paper manufacturer proof-read it.  I inked up the paper real good and then added  drops of Distress re-inker to the questionable parts....and then added a few more drops to balance it off.
Now, here's where the forgetful mom part comes in. I can't remember if I used a sketch for inspiration on this layout. I thought I did, but it's been long enough and the paper was enough of a distraction that I'm just not sure anymore. I can't find anything in my sketch binder that would fit and although it's similar to a sketch from one of Kathi's challenges, the colours don't work....so I don't know. If I did use a sketch, just know that it was most likely from Pagemaps.

2 comments:

Lisa Adair said...

I like it A LOT! REally love your colors and paper choices. It flows so well.
Your story is funny, but has me wondering what on earth would have been on that newspaper print paper!

Staci said...

You LO turned out great! Love the way you did the inking. My inking always looks like a crime scene, LOL.