Sunday, February 13, 2011

Chairs, they're not just for humans anymore!

Yes, that's the title and sub-title of my latest layout! I was determined to participate in Paula's sketch and colour challenge on the Memory Makers board and this is what came of it:

Originally, I'd planned on making a layout about the kids playing in all the snow we've got, but as I didn't have the pics developped yet and the urge to create wasn't going to wait, I found a common thread in the many, many un-scrapped pics I have of Lilah and used them instead.
Lilah likes to sit on the dining room chairs. It started with her sneaking up on the back of my chair while I played on the computer and has grown to her sitting with everyone, and sometimes even snagging a chair on her own. She is good enough not to try this while we're eating or there's food at the table. Often her interest seems to be the computer; I have another layout that states, "if she had thumbs, she'd use the computer herself."

5 comments:

Serene said...

Ha! I love how she's sitting on his lap. That's precious. Very cute lo.

Elaine. said...

love the new blog and love the fact that my house is not the only one that welcomes four legged furry humans to the chairs! great lo Court!

Susan said...

This is my kind of doggie, the kind that thinks it's a person! Lovin' your distressing too. And I like how you put the buttons around the quote bubble. Very Cool!

Paula Calvanico said...

Just love it! And yes, they aren't just for people anymore, in my bil's house, you're not outta your seat 1 minute that one of the 4 furbabies has jumped in your spot!!

Lisa Adair said...

Great layout Court! Love your take on the challenge. I really like your color combo and the use of the buttons!