Monday, January 17, 2011

Fun With Cardstock.

I am a big fan of Core'dinations cardstock. Not necessarily because of it's distressing abilities but more often because of the colour selection. I just find the best stuff from them when it comes to matching to the patterned papers I like.
Yesterday, however, it was about both the colour and the possibilities! Originally, I'd bought this red cardstock for a Christmas layout, but then never used it for that. But it was the perfect contrast for a picture I had where the three fabulous ladies in the pic (my daughter, sister and mom) were wearing mostly grey and black, with a bit of purple in the mix. Oh, and it really made that flower circle pop too!
For some extra fun and interest, I stamped a random pattern along the bottom with Versamark ink, followed by an application of clear embossing powder. After it was heated and set, I sanded over the stamped area. Most of the embossing came off as well, but the original colour was still preserved over the stamped areas.

I'm still working on the finishing touches to this layout, but I'm very happy with the results of this stamping/sanding technique.

7 comments:

Serene said...

Wow! Very cool result, Courtney. I really like how that came out.

Lora Oliver said...

Melissa and I were just talking to Serene about Coredinations the other night! It is awesome stuff and I l really like your relief pattern. Great job.

Melissa said...

How cool!

Lisa Adair said...

Oh what fun! It's looking fab already. Isn't that paper just great! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Paula Calvanico said...

Court it looks great! I love core'dinations too. I really need to get into the darn embossing I am missing out on some great techniques.

Susan said...

I have yet to buy any of this, but I really, really want some! Thanks for the inspiration!

Elaine. said...

gonna try that idea, inspiration by Court, the blogger who is not as bad as me! I'm back, or so I've said that a few times, but I am in the studio, that's good. great job, don't even want to read the silly bands, will want to donate our container, if I had the chance!