Today has been a day just for that! I got two layouts done today, including this one. Silly Bands are these fun coloured, funky shaped plastic bracelets and quite the fad right now. Kelsey has an impressive collection of them that keeps growing and growing....and growing (thankfully, they're cheap!). One day, Kelsey was sorting through her collection while Lilah slept beside her.
I'm not sure where she got the idea to use Lilah as a canvas, but it did look really cool so I snapped a couple of pictures...and then made Kelsey clear them all off before Lilah woke up and shook silly bands everywhere!
And just like that, a layout idea was born. I kept things simple, using cardstock scraps and making silhouette cutouts with my Cricut and punches to copy the look of the bands. The colours are a bit off in the photo, but I was excited to get this posted.
So there you have it, quite possibly my first layout of 2011; hopefully the first of many I share here too!
6 comments:
What a cool lo, Courtney. When I first looked at the lo, I was thinking, now how did she get the bands into those shapes? Then I actually read your blog and realized it wasn't the bands you used as the letters. LOL Very ingenius how you used the cricut to achieve the look of the bands. Well done. Glad to see you blogging again.
Very cool, Courtney! Love the way you brought the silly bands over to the letters and cut-outs. And cute pictures!
poor lilah, and oh those silly bands we have tons of them here!! Love this lo!!
Love this! Your daughter is genius, but I am sure you already knew that. A perfect LO!
Love what you did with those bands. Very clever! I think we still have a few of those hanging around here. Off to go search under the couch cushions! ;)
this is hilarous, that Lilah, one never knows about those silly dogs, great layout by Kelsey, tee hee,
Post a Comment