Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Hope everyone had a safe and happy Halloween! Here's our trio of Jack 'O Lanterns, designed by Cole, me and Kelsey (in that order). The kids had a wonderful time trick or treating and I had a blast handing out candy. Kelsey talked me into dressing up, so I sat perched on the porch, a regal medieval queen, with a blanket over my knees, a bowl of candies and a scrapbooking magazine for the slow moments. I stayed out most of the night....until my fingers went numb and all the little ones had retired to their beds.
There were some amazing costumes out this year. Amongst the usual pretty princesses, there were a few young girls dressed as superheroes, a boy in a homemade Lego costume, 3 teenaged boys dressed as 70's detectives playfully roughing up a 4th dressed as a robber (made me think of a Beastie Boys video!), an adorable little elephant, groovy hippies and gypsies and a throng of zombies, monsters and ghouls.
When I woke this morning, I already had some ideas for layouts. Instead of going out and buying Halloween themed papers and embellies, I'll be making my own with stamps, inks and some embossing. I'll post the pics once they're done....providing they turn out the way I want!

2 comments:

Elaine. said...

Sounds like a great time! And it spurred your creativity. And you, I need to see a picture of the Queen, with that royal blanket.
I love the pumpkins, great job.
Elaine

Lisa Adair said...

Good job on the pumpkins Court! How cool you dressed up... one of these days I'm going to do that! Can't wait to see the papers you design. What a totally great idea!