Thursday, November 5, 2009

This may be crazy.....

....but I'm just loving my new fridge and stove. In fact, my daughter caught me hugging the fridge this morning. It's larger than our old one, large enough that it looks like we need to do groceries again.
Kelsey wants to name them; she says dad named his coolers (Big Boy and Hugh....short for huge) so why not the fridge so I said, okay, the fridge is Ernie (first name I thought of after figuring it would be fitting to call it enormous). Then she asked about the stove and of course, being a Sesame Street junkie in my younger years, I said Bert. So little Miss Smartypants asked if that means the microwave is Elmo. Well that's just ridiculous....a microwave would obviously be called Reba.....after reheat. Hmmm....I hope that doesn't mean Bert is code for burnt. Never thought of that.

1 comment:

Elaine. said...

welcome home Ernie...get ready to get stocked up and Bert, get ready for some hot time, and Elmo, well, la la la la, microwave world to the rescue
I know this is sad, it shows your adult needs, but I love new kitchen appliances...I need a new Bert!
Elaine