Thursday, November 21, 2013

More Disney

 
Here's a couple more layouts I've recently completed for my Disney album.
Key to the World used to refer to the Disney World key cards that allowed you entrance to your room, to the parks, and gave you charging privileges on your dining plan (if applicable) and/or your credit card (if wanted).  Now, there's the latest in Disney technology, Magic Bands, which we got to test out as a replacement to the old key cards. In this first layout, I highlighted all of our keys to the world, from our Magic Bands, old key cards (that we only had as backups) and my awesome Mother's Day gift, the photopass+.  
 
 
All of the patterned paper is from the Say Cheese line from Simple Stories, the title was designed on Cricut Craft Room (I resisted using this for so long, as I've got Design Studio......Craft Room is soooo much better!),  the Mickey head sticker (in place of the "o") was from an old Disney kit and the ricrac is some vintage stuff from my stash.
 
The next layout is of one of my favourite Disney moments. It's also all from Say Cheese, combining a large journaling spot (the big, red photo mat), with smaller ones, layered with border stickers, regular stickers and border strips.

 
And what's that? Journaling? Yes! This layout started the breakdown of my Disney writer's block!


This photo truly is a trip favourite for both Scott and me. In part, because of the excitement in our kids' faces and also because, as the journaling mentions, we had nothing to do with it. We weren't even in the room at the time. Kelsey, by her own doing, got her brother in a picture she sent to her friends via snapchat. If that isn't Disney magic, I don't know what is!

It's so magical, I only mentioned the grammatical error to her once.

1 comment:

Lisa Adair said...

I really like Simple Stories, and it works really good with your photos here. I love the title you made for your first layout, and the Mickey Head sticker is the perfect touch!
How awesome is the photo on your second layout! Great paper choices here too! Really liking your layering on these.