Thursday, July 12, 2012

Why I Love My 2012 Album.

For Christmas, my mom got me a We R Memory Keepers album, and while my Pebbles Inc albums of the last couple of years were good, these babies are awesome! It's all in the page protectors. WeR took the regular 4x6 sleeves and made them something more interesting:



I love how they mix up sleeve sizes and orientation. It gives me so many more options.





Sometimes, I even use them for their intended time-saving abilities, like this layout where I had more photos I wanted to use than I could fit on my layout:


Mostly though, the time I save is with picture placement, leaving me some extra creative energy for titles and journaling. This Batman inspired page is my favourite so far:

The symbol is clip art I found online. All of the blue on the symbol, I filled in with Glossy Accents. The star and title (which I really think should be spelled 'shazaam' but it wouldn't fit, and seeing it's not a real word, I took artistic licence and made it work) were cut from my Cricut, the journaling tag was made from a Halloween stamp, the ric rac was in a scrap ribbon pack I got thrift store shopping....and is an amazingly perfect match to the blue I used. Also an amazing fluke!

One thing I'm not so fond of: they're all top-loading. I'll have to put some tape on the doggie and Batman pages to keep the titles in place. Otherwise, I'm downright smitten!

3 comments:

Paula Calvanico said...

I love this! What a great idea to have the lo on one side and then more pics from it on the next. Very cool Court.

Melissa said...

Love your album! The pockets look like they make things easier!

Staci said...

Very nice! I think a glue dot at the edge of the star would work well to hold it down. Have a great week!