This is one of my favourite pictures taken so far this year. Cole was sitting with me while helping Scott with some of his birthday scratch tickets when Scott took it. I changed it to black and white to blur a vein showing on my forehead and to neutralize the bright, busy background. I'm glad I did, the black and white photo allowed me to have some colour fun with the layout.
All of the patterned papers are scraps. The circle is a combination of patterned paper, stamped and embossed black cardstock and some trim I found in my latest bag of thrift store ribbon. The paper ribbons were made from the UPC strips on the bottoms of the patterned paper and outlined in black ink. The colours were just too pretty, and perfectly coordinated, to waste!
6 comments:
first off, he looks like you! I can't believe how big he's gotten. Gosh where does the time go.
I love how this came, what a great pic :)
What a sweet pic! I love the way the trim ties your photo and journaling together.
The photo is absolutely lovely and the layout perfectly compliments it. You seriously look like a movie star. This page is certainly "the good stuff."
The B&W really makes the photo pop... and you look like a star from the cinemas. Love the colors and the black accents!
Sweet layout! I love the pops of color paired with black!
What a great and fabulous layout! Your punched border works perfectly on this page. And that trim is awesome - adds the perfect amount of texture!
Post a Comment