Thursday, March 17, 2011

One Manufacturer, Two Different Looks.

I don't usually think too much about scrapbooking supply manufacturers. I like what I like and often take no notice of the label. But one name that often pops up in my supplies is My Mind's Eye. In fact, the last two paper packs I bought online happened to be MME, and arrived within days of each other.
The first layout shown was made with the Be Loved collection; a fun and colourful set perfect for Valentine's or any lovey-dovey layout. It seemed perfect for these pictures of the dogs jockeying for top spot on my lap. Some of the background flowers in the large stripe of patterned paper even look like paw prints!

And then, in a complete turnaround, is the classic black and white styling of the Meadowlark Dawn collection. I've also got the Dusk collection, but this was all made with Dawn (except for the purple circle tag, an oldie of unknown origins, and the cardstock). I like how the patterns worked with the background elements of my living room.
See that strip of black polka dots? That was the sample strip (showing the backside of the paper) from the bottom of the background paper. I've used those sample strips a lot, love the companies that put them on!
On a bit of a side note, I'd like to say that in real life, that bird eyeing me up would be doing so in anticipation of the perfect moment to peck my eyes out. Thank goodness paper birds are not so malicious!
So there it is, one paper manufacturer with two totally different looks, both that I love and I think are sooooo me.

5 comments:

Paula Calvanico said...

I love mme! These los are great Court.

Melissa said...

Isn't it funny how you can get such different looks from the same manufacturer? Great layouts!

Susan said...

Love the diversity that they offer. A little bit of everything, but all of it reat stuff! And those puppies are just plum rotten - too cute!

Elaine. said...

Look at you, the alpha dog on the sofa with the pack and the pack left you some room, so very thoughtful, need to teach my pack some love manners, and I do love this layout and the one of you, so cute, beautiful, pretty gal!

Serene said...

What nice los. How cool is it that you can create such different looks. What I really love is how your big dogs are vying for your lap. That's too funny.

I love your studio! It's so pretty...but those stuffies are creeping me out too! LOL